JOIN US MARCH 10th
As Thompson Hine Chats with Partner, Jaqueline Hummel
Session Seven of the Investment Management Coffee Chat Webinar Series
A webinar presented by Thompson Hine LLP
Join Thompson Hine for a mid-morning break each Wednesday to chat about hot topics and trends relevant to your business. Their concise and practical discussions focus on a variety of developments that impact financial service industries, and offer insights and considerations that will certainly be of interest to you.
Wednesday, March 10
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. ET
SEC’s New Marketing Rule – Testimonials, Endorsements and Solicitation Activity
On December 22, 2020, the SEC adopted amendments to modernize rules under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 which governs investment adviser advertisements and payments to solicitors. The amendments create a single “marketing rule” that replaces the current advertising and cash solicitation rules. The final rule is designed to comprehensively and efficiently regulate investment advisers’ marketing communications. The amendments are intended to reflect changes in technology and industry practices since the existing rules were adopted. The rule takes effect 60 days after publication in the Federal Register and then provides for an 18-month transition period.
In this presentation, we continue highlighting the SEC’s key changes brought on by the new marketing rule along with practical considerations for compliance.
In this presentation, we will discuss:
- The marketing rule’s treatment of testimonials and endorsements and third-party ratings in advertising
- Changes to requirements governing solicitors, including solicitors to private fund investors
- Jaqueline M. Hummel, Partner, Hardin Compliance Consulting LLC
- Craig A. Foster, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Joshua J. Hinderliter, Associate, Thompson Hine
Please click here to register and receive instructions on how to join the webinar.
Upcoming Programs in this Series (you must register separately for each):
- March 17 – New Adviser Advertising Rule: Performance Advertising
- March 24 – ERISA Considerations Related to ESG
- March 31 – Board Considerations Related to ESG
Contact Elise Hoffer